> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, anonymousff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Are you referring to Tom Pall?
> >
> > Yes.  Tom was never by any stretch of the imagination rich.  But he
> > managed all his life to make a good income, spent most of his life
> > single and often cared more about giving to others than keeping for
> > himself. He grew up in a thrify household which didn't even
> > believe in
> > buying a house on credit until one had saved enough to buy one
> > outright.  He was, when all the ladies came back from Governor
> > Training talked up as a "good catch" and is till considered to be
> > one today.  You'd probably have to be a woman to understand their
> > way of thinking.
>
> I don't know about anyone else, but I find the
> concept of women thinking of a man as a "good
> catch" because of his income more offensive than
> any of the racist epithets attributed here to Tom.

It wasn't just his income.  It was his warmth and caring.  He had been
and could have become again a very devoted, loving husband.  And
unlike many guys in the TM Movement or on the periphery, he was
straight.  Many women, including Laura, told Tom how much an issue was
that.  OK, now flame on about that slam. You can't win for losing in
this group, can you?

Does he tell you he loves you when he hits you? Abuse. Narrated by Halle Berry.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/hemMeA/rbOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM