 Secular people in the USA have gone past The Bible, full stop.

 What are they replacing it with? 1) A mindless hedonism. 2) The worship of the
almighty dollar.

 There is no longer an intellectual culture worthy of the name in The West.
Just "safe spaces" in universities (where controversy, ie open debate, is
outlawed) and a narcissistic identity politics which is taking the place of a
celebration of our shared historical culture that once valued "the best which
has been thought and said in the world".

 Of course, living in a time of the decline and fall of a once-great (if
admittedly flawed and unquestionably racist) civilisation does provide lots of
opportunities to enjoy the sight of cultural commentators fawning over the
idiocies of current idols like those misogynistic rap stars.

 From Keats and Emily Brontë to rap stars! Who's happy with that exchange?

 But, on the bright side, technological advances mean that our remaining years
will be spent in relative comfort. The ones who will feel the full effects of
our decline will be the young.

 But I'm biased. I actually enjoy being a pessimist!

 “The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds, and
the pessimist fears this is true.”
 (James Branch Cabell)

 I think it should read the opposite: “The pessimist proclaims that we live in
the best of all possible worlds, and the optimist fears this is true.”

 Xero,

 Most secular people in the USA have gone past this verse in the Bible.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <yifuxero@...> wrote :

 "Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord" (NIV, Colossians,
3:18)