Yeah, I've read that he came from Concord, but the last time I was in that town
was when I was in high school.  La Salle High School just opened their school
and invited our school band to play for them, since we were affiliated.

 I've tried playing Take Five on my saxophone with the band.  But it's hard to
keep time and I would eventually get lost along the way.

 You know Brubeck was from Concord?  His dad had a ranch near town.  I think
they even have a park named after him.  His first albums had Bill Smith playing
clarinet.  Bill came to the U of W to teach when I was there and a few years
later ran into him on TM residence courses.