22 gigs is a lot of data, but files that large are not uncommon on Bittorrent
(like entire, multi-year TV series.) Sneakernetting with thumb drives is a
huge, inefficient kludge compared to just uploading to the peer-to-peer
networks.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 This came in with it:
 “And all that is necessary is that we bring the Knowledge to the children.
They will instantly know what to do with it. They will be of that level. Once
they will be given the Transcendental Meditation they will be on the road to
their own enlightenment which will happen then very rapidly.

 And the knowledge that is provided in the tapes that we have, they will
understand. We just need to continue to make the Knowledge available fully,
particularly to the young people that are coming in.”
 -Maharishi

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 Yes, I have your address.  Evidently The MMY 500 Hours Thumb Drive has its own
journey to make in the world.  It came to me unsolicited mailed in an envelope
apparently because of the FFL subject thread where someone mentioned their
interest in old Maharishi tapes.

 Now I mention the Thumb Drive to people here in Fairfield and everyone wants
to copy it.  The Coffee shops in Fairfield are always full of people during the
day working on their laptops.  Old meditators and younger want the Drive when
they hear of it.  The Drive crossed over to interested Millennial meditators
this week.  The Thumb Drive goes from one hand to another.  And distant lurkers
write by e-mail from FFL wanting a copy.  It seems to be going around the world
in short order.

 Fast as I go buy more Thumb Drives to copy to have on hand and they go out as
loaners to the next person who asks.  The MMY 500 Hrs 'One Thumb Drive to Rule
them All' is going kind of like an out of control wildfire.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 Okay, I will send the thumb drive.  I don’t know what the story is with this
thumb drive and its 500 hours of Maharishi but this is kind of magical that it
could jump to the middle of the Mideast so fast.  May be you can get it to
those teachers up in Turkey and from there it goes on the spice road going East
and West, sort of like the refugees, and it goes around the world.
 “..One Thumb Drive to Rule them All”.  -JaiGuruYou

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <jamshad_ghan...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 Hi again
 Thanks for your very kind attention

 Wish you always more happiness in life

Sent from my iPhone

 On Mar 3, 2016, at 06:01, dhamiltony...@yahoo.com
mailto:dhamiltony...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 Yes, we can figure out how to get you a copy.  My computer engineer friends
comment that the file is too big to e-mail.  I could send you a thumb drive.
Someone sent it to me in an envelop by mail.  That clearly worked.   The folder
is about 22GB with quite a lot of files in the folder.  Impressive really.

 You live on Kish Island, Iran?  Is it safe for you to be a transcendental
meditationist in Iran?  To promote and teach a transcendental meditation in
Iran?

 Would it be safe for you to receive or have a thumb drive like this with you?
Kish Island sounds like a cross-roads of people from all directions.

 It is interesting that you live there and want this stuff.  I can see a value
to having it go to you for preservation and use in that part of the world.  I
understand through the grape-vine in asking around here that this kind of
distribution is what the people who own this material were hoping for, for
future generations to have and learn from for themselves.  It is an amazing
resource.

 Kish Island, Iran..
 Kish Island - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kish_Island

 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kish_Island

 Kish Island - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kish_Island Kish (Persian: کیش‎‎  listen
(help·info)) is a 91.5-square-kilometre (35.3 sq mi) resort island in the
Persian Gulf. It is part of the Hormozgān Province of Iran. D...

 View on en.wikipedia.org https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kish_Island
 Preview by Yahoo

<jamshad_ghan...@yahoo.com mailto:jamshad_ghan...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 Hi friends
 How I can reach those tapes ? Is it possible to have them ?
 Thank you for your help

Sent from my iPhone

 On Mar 2, 2016, at 05:59, dhamiltony...@yahoo.com
mailto:dhamiltony...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 Evidently from before with this subject thread, a 32GB thumb drive in an
envelop arrived in the mail this last week.  It has 500 hours of audio of old
Maharishi lectures.  Starts way back in the 1950’s with some Guru Dev audios
and comes forward.

 Someone digitalized an incredible amount of material.  Old India courses,
early lectures, tours and discourses, residence courses and progression of
teacher training courses, the month courses and more recent decades.

 An amazing amount of material as an archive of a body of work.

 Nice to hear the old tapes and old material.  He was really on it in those
days.  I guess this work is to make these more broadly available to a future.
It is remarkable really.  I have them in itunes now to listen to at will.  It
is pretty nice and probably a good way to have it jump to inform future
generations of transcendentalists.

<dhamiltony...@yahoo.com mailto:dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 I have some cassette tapes that were made off reel-to-reel tapes from the
India TM teacher training courses with Maharishi.  In a shoebox now in storage
somewhere.

 These were lectures to the courses held in Rishikesh, some held outside under
the trees with the sounds of crows and the forrest outdoors in the background.

 I recall one lecture where Maharishi was methodically going through the
instructions to meditate and clarifying that TM does actually require some
concentration to do, to do the practice as effortless meditation that it is.
 The concentration would also be like in mindfulness as where mindfulness
people find they are ‘off’ on thoughts otherwise too that it takes a moment of
concentration or intent to come back to the process. That TM does require some
‘concentration’ at that moment of monitoring.  That TM is not just 'spacing
out' or completely “take it as it comes”.  Yes, he was pretty clear that TM
includes a concentration to do at deepest levels too.
 Semantic.

<dhamiltony...@yahoo.com mailto:dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 I had heard a while ago that someone was working on Jerry's archive to
digitalize it outside of the movement. Evidently this is separate from that.

<medinijyotishacc...@yahoo.com mailto:medinijyotishacc...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 Thank you very much for the replies.

 I can make whatever arrangements are necessary for transfer of the tapes,
private server, etc. whatever is required - they are precious.

 Can you tell me more about this project, who is Jerry Jarvis and how can I
make contact with Jerry?

 Thanks

 Jai Guru Dev

 Boris

 On Sunday, February 7, 2016 2:56 AM, "yifux...@yahoo.com
mailto:yifux...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

   That's the project of Jerry Jarvis.  He's collecting all of the tapes.
Maybe he'll make them available before he gets too old (he's 84, birthday on
May 31, 2016).

              • ... Jamshad Ghanbar jamshad_ghan...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
              • ... Jamshad Ghanbar jamshad_ghan...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
              • ... Jamshad Ghanbar jamshad_ghan...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]