---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <olliesedwuz@...> wrote :

 Excuse me? "Most Christians believe the United States has greatly offended God
with 50 million abortions..."

 Utter crap. This is little more than facile projection by the largely white
male congregations of the most radical and repressed evangelical churches,
decrying the ability of women to make their own choices. Why do fundamentalist
conservatives always take their own shortcomings and try to make them "biblical
prophecy or testimony"?? It is delusion, craziness, the attempt of a disordered
mind to be brain-washed by egotism.

 I'll bet that many of those against abortion are madly in favor of the second
ammendment. Again, a religionized attempt to let women know that the old white
guys are still Firmly In Control. A pretty limp effort, imo

 Most Christians in this country go about their daily life to the best of their
ability, not filled with the judgment and hatred of those who have fooled
themselves into believing they talk to Jesus Christ, and are therefore
unassailable. The country faces some problems, not the least of which are a
bunch of racist and sexist religious fanatics. The Muslims? Hell no, all the
"born again" Christians. Never content to live like normal folk, they need to
get "born again" to flaunt their desperation and arrogance. I don't give 'em
the time of day. If they want to stop pretending to be anything except just
like everybody else, Jesus or no Jesus, I can interact, but all the exclusion
and faux superiority makes me look on them with pity and their ideas with
contempt, as they so richly deserve. Even Jewish Law passed down to "the chosen
people" does not outlaw abortion. Same God, different day...

 (Applause)

 There are those that define a Christian as someone practicing the *religion*
to the best of their ability and then there are those that define a Christian
as someone having a relationship with Christ, as perfect or imperfect as it may
be, regardless of the religious trappings.
 I think most people that consider themselves *evangelical* fully realize the
short comings of Trump as an ideal reflection of Christianity but see him as an
instrument through which God is working.

 There you go: they're utterly batshit, that proves it.

 They see him as a choice. Take a new road or keep going down the one that they
really believe is bringing judgement or a deterioration of our country and
culture.

 "New road" my ass. Donald's road is the same age as the day narcissism and
self interest were born.

 Most Christians believe the United States has greatly offended God with 50
million abortions, as the Jews did with child sacrifices to Moloch, during the
time of Jeremiah. God judged Israel, withdrew his protection and allowed the
Jews to be conquered, destroyed the temple of Solomon  and be taken into
captivity in Babylon.
 Some see Trump as the fork in the road and we better take it.

 This is utter bollocks. "Most Christians" don't believe any such thing and
Trump is the furthest thing from what might prove to be the salvation of the
US. He is a chameleon who will glow whatever color he thinks his fans will want
to see at any given time. He is neither true to himself nor to his addled
supporters. Part of me would love to see him gain the White House just so I
could watch those idiots who supported him lament the day they ever voted for
the guy. It will almost be worth the price of what will happen to the country
with him in power. He is a menace in every way - terrifying - and there will be
nowhere to run. I am truly horrified that so many Americans are voting for him
- a nightmare.