I won't be holding my breath. The media is no longer a group of outlets aligned
around major population centers, with legitimate points of view, earned from
years of regional focus. That version is gone. Now, media is concentrated among
ten huge global corporations (see link) that decide what the rest of us see,
hear, and read. Trump is one of theirs, so any scrutiny is for entertainment
purposes, and advertising revenue gains, only.

 Who cares if Trump insults a bunch of well paid corporate journalists? The
corporations who employ them couldn't care less, as long as what he says
generates headlines and controversy, and once again, advertising dollars for
them. When the goal of the "news" outlets is to religiously turn a profit, any
attempt at fair play or truth or real change, goes out the window. Fox was the
case study, and the rest have followed suit.

 Who Owns the Media? http://www.freepress.net/ownership/chart

 http://www.freepress.net/ownership/chart

 Who Owns the Media? http://www.freepress.net/ownership/chart Massive
corporations dominate the U.S. media landscape. Through a history of mergers
and acquisitions, these companies have concentrated their contr...

 View on www.freepress.net http://www.freepress.net/ownership/chart
 Preview by Yahoo

 Just watched a few moments of Trump's media tirade and he actually points out
and publicly ridicules individual member of the media that he says *lie* or
manipulate the truth. It wasn't that long ago a New York Times piece was
written about how he disrespects women. These women were interviewed and named.
After the article was published, almost everyone of them refuted what had been
printed and how they were portrayed and how Trump was portrayed. Trump fights
back when he thinks he's unfairly attacked and he hits much harder than he was
hit. Of course a disproportionate counter isn't *fair* in their minds.

 I think Trump just made one of the biggest mistakes of his doomed bid for the
White House so far yesterday. When you completely alienate the media like that
you do yourself no favors. I think the press is going to start to get a lot
tougher with him now - they are like a band of brothers and while I blame them
for having given him waaaaayyy too much air time and have contributed to his
popularity due to high exposure I think we are about to see a significant shift
in how he is dealt with and it will provide, among other things, another excuse
for him to whine and snivel.