 I mentioned in an earlier post that while watching the new version of the mini
series, Roots, that I noticed a person that I thought was an ancestor, Tom Lea,
father of Chicken George.
 I did some genealogical research and found that I am a cousin of Chicken
George. Lawd H'mercy!
 Turns out that he is a fifth cousin, twice removed, if I have it right.
 My fourth great grand father was the Rev. Luke Lea, originally from
Spotsylvania Va., moved to Caswell county NC.His brother was Lt Major Lea, also
of Caswell county NC.
 Lt Major Lea fathered Major Lea, who fathered Tom Lea. Tom Lea was Chicken
George's father. Chicken George is Alex Haley's great or great great
grandfather.

 How wonderful to have been able to find this out! And how interesting - we
have a celebrity in our midst! I will forever concede to your greater wisdom in
all things...