My guess is that had the guy in Minnesota (not Wisconsin) not been carrying a
gun he would still be alive. More guns do not make people safer. When he told
the cop he carried a gun, that spooked the cop, who went on super-alert and
overreacted. (I have read or seen nothing that says he said "I have a gun"
while reaching for his wallet. It doesn't sound like something any sane person
would say and do at the same time in the presence of a cop.)

 The cop in Wisconsin or where ever it was, obviously over reacted and had bad
training. Unfortunately, the only thing the black guy could have done
differently was, tell the cop he had a gun and a license to carry *before*
reaching for his wallet, which the cop had asked for. Reaching for your wallet
while saying "I have a gun" was not smart. But the cop gave conflicting
instructions and over reacted. Bad training on his part! No racism here. A
tragic incident.

 Baton Rouge is a different story. The guy had threatened a store owner with a
gun earlier or may have just shown the store owner his gun. Police were aware
he may be armed. They were in a position to taser the guy if they felt
threatened. As I recall, the guy resisted arrest and a take down ensued.They
were way too quick to shoot this guy from what I've seen so far. The police
pulled a gun from his pocket which they undoubtedly will say he was reaching
for. I don't think his shooting was justified either.