I have always found that rather insidious, not that it affects me in the
slightest, but that the "higher ups" cannot practice "program" with the
commoners.

 What was the rationale behind that?  And it had to come from the "top", right?

 Downtown Fairfield, Iowa In line for coffee i ran into an old TM movement
TB’er apparatchik who is still active in the middle of things teaching TM.  His
immediate observation about this lack of wider cohesion in the group was that
the Rajas need to come meditate in the Domes.  That is a part of the problem
and they could help by coming back to the Domes to meditate, also.

vox_9 asks: Does Dr. Hagelin join in the group program in the Patanjali Dome of
Pure Knowledge on the MUM campus?
 No.

 from further below:
 there was a culture of specialness granted to sub-groups that sent people out.
 "..established program halls of which there are 11 (including the Domes)"​
.
 The litany of this kind of bifurcation has bled the place. The anemia needs to
stop and meditators should to come together.  Numbers meditating in proximity
quite evidently need to be attended to now as part of a collective re-group in
this period. This needs conscious leadership.

 The need for leadership, for instance, within "process" this memo paste here
below was sent as part of this broader consideration about the leadership a
couple of weeks ago, as some of the initial vollies of announcements about
these times were being edited and sent around to meditators.

 [Paste..

 Memo,
 We need Strategic leadership, right now.

 “It was Tepid, at best.  Dear DfP Strategic Planning Sub-Committee members,
that e-mail on the conditions of these times that was sent out recently with
Hagelin’s name on it was limp.  He and Nader are being school teachers where we
need leaders.  There are things we know and can move on. 1]We know the value of
group meditation by our experience.  2]We know that Modern science now tells us
the correlation of great inherent values of transformation that come in and
from group meditation.

 Right now we need leadership, front and center, that directly says 1] this is
who we are as transcendentalists. 2]this is where we are going. 3]That
regardless of how people may feel about the movement and their past experience
with it as an organization, that we need meditator’s help for good reasons,
right now.   4]That it is time for meditation and we need every meditator’s
help with this. Now.

 Not a buried memo or statement quietly saying ‘..that it would be good if..’.

 No, we need present leadership and meditator volunteers to come forward right
now in this period. Right now.

 As a community we need voice that has some bravado in it.  Now.  Right now.
Firm voice that says directly, 1]‘this is what we are about and who we are as a
group’, that we are Transcendentalists and 2]as practitioners this is where we
are going. We need leadership from the top right now that says this, over and
over again.  No tepid ‘it would be good’ bullshit.  Leadership out front.

 If the school teachers can’t do it then bring in someone, someone like Mario O
for instance, someone who has some conscious theatrical camp in them, to say
it.  Someone needs to be making the rounds to the camps doing this, right now.
This is what great CEO’s and great Generals do. They make the rounds cheering
and instructing mission. This is exactly the time for great leadership now to
come forward and lead from the front, with some huzzah!  The leadership of TM
has spent 35 separating people from TM . It is certainly time to actively
acknowledge, remediate, and ask of people to come back, for good reasons.
 JaiGuruDev,  ”

 end paste]

 As a major tenet, numbers of meditators meditating in proximity quite
evidently need to quickly be attended to now as part of a collective ‘re-group’
in this uncertain and transitional period. This needs conscious leadership and
this will take some clarity of vision and mission.
Within the larger meditating community there is a lot of spirited consideration
of this that is going on now given the times. The group seems to need a more
cohesive communal mission statement to work with and stay together with. .

 As to the loss of cohesion mentioned below, Surveying groups of meditators
downtown, old TM teachers, several pointed out that what they liked about going
to the Dome was ,when everyone went, it was social.  Going was being part of
something larger and you saw old friends and old acquaintances from old
campaigns of the movement.  The table agreed and thought it might be fun to see
who is still there. Some were saying it was not worth the aggravation of having
the course office interrogate their private lives now.

 The Lack of cohesion..
They started losing group cohesion when 1] they started in taking people’s Dome
badges away back in the 80’s and throughout the 1990’s and 2] they facilitated
special group program rooms other than in the Domes.  At that point people from
across the meditating community were no longer attenders going into the Dome
shoulder to shoulder alongside one another regardless of socio-economic class
of meditator. The community lost its daily check-in as a larger community was
dispersed.

 Yes, there was specialness granted to sub-groups that sent people out.
..established program halls
 ​ of which there are 11 (including the Domes)​
. The litany of this kind of bifurcation has bled the place. The anemia needs
to stop and meditators should to come together.  Numbers in proximity quite
evidently need to be attended to now as part of a collective re-group in this
period. This needs conscious leadership.

 I understand why some people don't live in Fairfield and thus can't get to the
dome to meditate in a group every day.

 What I don't understand is why the rajas and other residents of Vedic City
apparently don't meditate in the Patanjali Dome of Pure Knowledge. Where do
they do program and do they do it alone, or with their family?

 Most of the residents of the TM Ideal Village down here meditate and do
program together in the Maharishi Dome of Pure Knowledge.

 “These are the times which try human souls.”
 There is lots of ‘process’ in fact and organizing going on right now in the
transition.  Both Dr. Hagelin and Dr. Nader as Western scientists appreciate
feedback and resonance of input as data to work policy with. The old
never-entertain-negativity is out and effective people on merit will be much
safer and more able to voice their hearts and minds with this particular
leadership change.  By virtue of a change of personality the institutions will
host a different tone and culture going forward from this.  -JaiGuruDev

 The criticism is understandable given the context.  In kind It seems
symptomatic of change and to be expected. Some people are unsettled and upset
by change. That feeling is going on too inside TM with all that is progressing
in the works.  The status-quo evidently has changed. The change may become more
certain once we get beyond this current transition period and beyond the 12th
of Sept.

 Let's not forget, folks, that JamesAlan has a history of creating his own
evidence-less narratives out of whole cloth. Pretty funny to see him
criticizing someone else for the same thing.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <jamesalan735@...> wrote :

 It is what happened.  Was done most discretely at pay grades in this way above
most. Was very bravely done. Lot of committee work and no e-mails to show and
was strategically done in a way to save face for everyone. They all do still
have to work with one another in some way at their level. As it evolved there
were some working committee reports published that were being shared around in
the process, if you were here. In the deliberations I had them and showed them
often to people who were stakeholders in this.

 Doug,

 I know that this post will not in any way result in you posting anything other
than what you have posted above and previously, so my three final comments on
this:

 #1: Saying one have evidence does not constitute evidence. [<--I know you
don't understand this]
 #2: You have never produced evidence in any previous posts re: Bevan Morris
[See #1]

 #3: The above paragraph does not contain any evidence [<-- See #1]

 Right now there is a ‘president-elect’ waiting to take charge and the current
President is to go on to something else in a few more weeks.  Effectively the
24/7 of the  University will no longer have to report to this current
President.  There likely will be a different tone in the institution by virtue
of a change in personality in charge.

 Like it or not, the movement is a corporate democracy now as Maharishi himself
set it into corporations.  It is no longer a theocratic autocracy that can be
ruled simply by decree.  Is now a lot more process involved with boards and
trustees.  ..‘involving ‘many heads makes better decisions’ as Maharishi used
to say.

 There is more transparency inside it now and more process involved in it.
There are still a lot of good people working in it.  So it is.

 They are working hard at it while waiting for the transition to actually
happen. It is very analogous to the lame-duck wait after our national election
happens and a new president-elect transitions into office on inauguration day,
some 8 or 10 weeks after the election. As much as a lot has to be done right
now for this new academic year it is in a slow transition now.

 Given the practical necessities they face and the jyotish also one can imagine
their difficulties and have some empathy for them all in what they are
experiencing...

 The mundane jyotish:

 Aug 24 Saturn and Mars @ 15degrees of Scorpio, Transit characterized by ANGER.
There is a star in Scorpio that is the war star in combination with Mars etc..
makes it all particularly difficult.

 August 23-26 will be extremely violent with Mars transiting the fixed star
Antares.

 Aug 30 Mercury retrograde in Virgo  =Havoc in Communication

 Around September 13 (the 12th?) it will be treacherous and very violent again
due to transiting Saturn’s return to the degree of the fixed star Antares.

 As Jr points out,
 the good news is that.. Sept 17  Mars Exits Scorpio,  the most difficult
period passes

Jai Guru Dev

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <olliesedwuz@...> wrote :

 from about two months ago...

http://www.thegazette.com/subject/news/education/higher-education/new-president-named-for-maharishi-university-of-management-20160622

http://www.thegazette.com/subject/news/education/higher-education/new-president-named-for-maharishi-university-of-management-20160622

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <jamesalan735@...> wrote :

 --- snip ---  Several have not gone to the group meditation in years.  Most
were not even aware that Bevan was changed out...

 I've asked you several times to produce evidence that "Bevan was changed out",
and you've never produced any such evidence. [You don't have any]

 Of course, my point above is a complete waste of time on my part, as I know
that you cannot help creating narratives to support your points of view and
will continue to do so.

 or that e-mails have been sent out recalling folks to meditation, sent to some
lists of meditators about these times.

[...]

 "Yes" what?

 You didn't answer my question.

 I understand, of course, that group program is said to be more powerful
(including by King Tony, below--"this is the greatest strength").

 What I *don't* understand is why people who can't make it to a group program
should not be told, as King Tony did, to coordinate their individual program so
as to fly at the same time as in group program.

 Also, I don't think it helps the movement's "transformation" to try to make
people feel guilty if they can't get to a group program. That sounds to me like
the Ancien Regime of Bevan Morris et al.

 Yes, and by our experience and by the composite of quite a lot of good science
we know that numbers of people meditating and proximity does matter in the
Meissner-like transformational effect of groups meditating.

 Someone just sent me a chart from another new study on this.
 This ill-advise ‘non-localized’ comment from leadership just works against
what is in the works of the movement right now and yet gives people codling
excuse to sit back and be ill-disciplined when they could be helping by being
in a group meditation.

Yes, of necessity people’s circumstance may vary but movement policy has been
splitting and bifurcating on this, eroding what transformational effect has
been here.  Hence, the Dome numbers (218 in the men’s Dome this morning) being
what they are. This is an administrative failure of the program.  People once
could come to Fairfield, Iowa and be part of something larger.  This thread
critiquing leadership is very much part of an ongoing larger conversation being
had right now in the movement.  -JaiGuruYou

 And you're being insulting.

 I'm not "willfully confusing the situation," I'm asking you to clarify your
remarks. I can't understand for the life of me why you'd object to telling
people who can't make it to a group program that they should schedule their
individual program to fly at the same time as the group.

 Plus which, calling people who aren't able to join a group "slackers" is sure
as heck not going to help them feel a part of the movement.

 We don't need to get crazed over this Jyotish prediction. That just adds to
the general incoherence.