rLLR is easier to play because you are most likely right handed. Practice rudiments more then with the left hand to strengthen it.

On 09/30/2016 11:55 PM, he...@hotmail.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:

Yes, my bad! I used a "Small" letter for the flam, instead of

a lower case one, mainly because the lower case l looks
exactly like an upper case I, at least in "this" font...

The reason why I asked was this: I've only recently started
to practice some flam rudiments. I'm right-handed but
left-footed (like e.g. the heavy metal drummer Jason Bittner).

Just noticed that rLLR is much easier for me to play than
lRRL. I can play the former fairly effortlessly without having practiced it
virtually at all, so that it has a "good groove",
but most instructors on Youtube seem to start with latter.

So, perhaps I've been a left-handed military drummer in some
possible former lifetime??  LOL!