These are some of the Dylan lines that have always stuck with me, going back to
the time before I even knew what poetry was:

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind
Down the foggy ruins of time
Far past the frozen leaves
The haunted frightened trees
Out to the windy beach
Far from the twisted reach of crazy sorrow
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free
Silhouetted by the sea
Circled by the circus sands
With all memory and fate
Driven deep beneath the waves
Let me forget about today until tomorrow

"Mr. Tambourine Man," of course.

I remember "Desolation Row" very well too. It was one of my favorites, back in
the sixties.

---In, <salsunshineiniowa@...> wrote :

 Finally.! Actually thought it might be a joke at first.  Some good news at
"And the only sound that's left
After the ambulances go
Is Cinderella sweeping up
On Desolation Row.”

  • [FairfieldLife] W... Sal Sunshine [FairfieldLife]
    • [FairfieldLi... feste37
      • Re: [Fai... Sal Sunshine [FairfieldLife]
    • [FairfieldLi... [FairfieldLife]
      • Re: [Fai... Sal Sunshine [FairfieldLife]
        • Re: ... [FairfieldLife]
    • [FairfieldLi... [FairfieldLife]
      • Re: [Fai... Sal Sunshine [FairfieldLife]
        • [Fai... [FairfieldLife]