By  Dr. Norman Rosenthal
 Published May 17, 2016

Running for president is thought to be among the hardest, most stressful, and
emotionally exhausting experiences one can imagine. As a psychiatrist, my
natural instinct is to try to understand what advice would be most helpful to
give to the winning candidate.  If asked, I would quote Victor Hugo, who said:
“Meditate.  All is full of light, even the night.” Meditation is becoming
increasingly popular as millions of people discover its benefits. There are
several different types of meditation. The one I know best is Transcendental
Meditation, which I practice regularly and recommend to numerous patients....