--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, braaahmaan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Lineage, lineage, lineage. It's the morphogenetic field of the
mantra.

> > Oh yeah, and lineage. Lineage should take you back to the source
of
> > the mantras original cognition. The best way to get a mantra is
in
> > the same way it originally manifested or from someone who
> > experienced
> > a fresh manifestation of that sound at the para and pashyanti
level.

> The mystical side of me says. "groovy".(1) Statements and claims
such
> as the above have fascinated and attacted me since my teens, and
> actually young childhood.
>
> However the rational side of me asks "why?". If it is sound, the
full
> wave characteristics are embedded in the sound. Does linneage
change
> the wave form? I supect not. So what is the "THERE there" that
lineage
> adds  to the wave form? What is that (neo)ooga-booga (neo in that
it
> is  current slang, not a past racial epitath.)(2)
>
> The mystical but wondering side of me thinks, well maybe its sort
of
> like a live rose vs a dead rose. Chemically they may be the same,
but
> clearly there is a difference.
>
> The analytical side says, well chemicaly only maybe. But if you
did an
> infrared analysis or something, you could easily see a difference.
An
> a minimum, less heat. And no "aspiration" flow or air and "sap"..
>
> The analytical side says, well I am open to some actual
> 'ogga-booga"from linneage being there, I just don't understand what
> that is -- it must have has some "relative" structure -- even if
very
> subtle.

I'm not understanding the premise of this argument;
Are you saying that if you recieve a mantra from someone who is
experiencing the source of that mantra(from an enlightened person);
Then somehow you will be empowered to become enlightened faster?
My understanding is that the performance of the Puja, sets up a
state for the teacher to enter a pure ego-less state, at that moment
after performing Puja, and the mantra is given.
As far as any perception of the mantra from the finest level, would
have to be experienced by the meditator;
The whole purpose of meditation, is to refine perception, and to
become familiar with the transcendant.
Maharishi has always said, that it is the experience that we are
giving, in TM.
And that experience must be experienced.

Need Help?  Get Help! Tools and Strategies for Healthy Drug-Free Living</a>.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/wI.OUB/dbOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM