On Dec 19, 2005, at 4:43 PM, sparaig wrote:

On Dec 19, 2005, at 4:30 PM, sparaig wrote:

On Dec 19, 2005, at 1:52 PM, Premanand Paul Mason wrote:

Someone recently said to me that cults can only sell

scaffolding.

Scaffolding can be a superfluous encumbrence unless there is

that

need for support whilst accessing difficult to reach places.

There was a posting recently about 'the gap'. Essentially, TMers

are

being directed at finding this gap and prolonging the experience

of

not experiencing thought. But has anyone else noticed that the

repetition of a mantra can sometimes be counterproductive in

that

in

filling the gap, it appears sometimes to delay the experience of

no

thought? I have noticed that a swifter route to the gap is

dropping

thought altogether, just willing it.

Actually, part of the point of the post was that although TM uses

the

idea of the gap/sandhi to explain TM; in the full idea of what

that

entails, TM only goes as far as 1 or 1.5 out of 7. There are a

whole

slew of other methods beyond that to reach the big "E".

As a person offlist said to me that's what you call 'we were

given

one wheel, and lead to believe we had the whole bike.'

Ouch.

Or perhaps you only recognize one wheel even though all of them

are

inherent in TM.

Clearly this is not the case. It's amazing what clever marketing

can do.

It is also amazing what denial can lead to...

Denial? What is there to deny? If it's not there, it's not there. No denial needed if it doesn't exist.

Or were you referring to your own denial?