--- Alex Stanley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > On the other hand, the process of gaining
> enlightenment is not mumbo
> > jumbo, and particularly the majority of the
> members here, who have
> > been meditating in this life for decades, the
> physiology is
> > conditioned to accept enlightenment already, so
> what is stopping us,
> > from this really very normal experience?
> >
> > Through seeking enlightenment so long, many of us
> think that seeking
> > is a normal state; some progress, a setback, a
> flashy experience,
> > and then more of the same. However, it is just as
> easy to 'break on
> > through to the other side...'. And the reward is
> well worth it!
>
> I think the biggest hurdle is the ego, which thinks
> *it's* the thing
> that awakens. Most of the assholiness on FFL is true
> believers of one
> sect bashing the true believers of another. I think
> those who engage
> in "my guru/lineage can beat up your guru/lineage"
> are the addicts
> that Tom T's recent post referred to. They're
> addicted to the ideas
> and dogmas of enlightenment. Teachings can point to
> truth, but you
> have to be vigilant against falling into the
> delusional mind-trap that
> teachings *are* truth. The finger pointing at the
> moon is not the
> moon; the moon is not made of finger.
>
> Needless to say, these words and ideas are not
> truth, and it's the
> force of my own ego that drives me to post them.
>
> Alex

And on top of it all, why are you so rageful that
you're giving me the finger? Pointing at the moon, ha!
;-)

http://us.click.yahoo.com/HcoraC/rbOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM

> and click 'Join This Group!'
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>

>     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://mail.yahoo.com

Dying to be thin? Anorexia. Narrated by Julianne Moore.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/abEMxA/sbOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM