--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jyouells2000" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, ultrarishi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "L B Shriver"
> > > [...]
> > > Now it is
> > > being "saved". So the Dream
> > >
> > > I must be truely insane. I find the New and Improved TMO to be a
> > > wonderous thing and genuinely have more expectations for it than for
> > > the TMO of the Merv days.
> > >

> > I don't know.  I pretty much prefer the "Merv days".  Today, MMY and
> > the TMO seem more like Jimmy Swaggart and Pat Robertson and Bechtel
> > and FoxNews.
> >

> I was following LB until he equated disillusionment with the TMO with
> disillusionment with 'evil' USA. I think 'evil' USA is actually
> another media myth.
>
> JohnY

@@@@@@@@

Needless to say, I do not expect or require people to agree with everything I
post.

With respect to the "media myth", I think you have it exactly backwards. USA as
the bastion
of freedom and democracy is the media myth. One has only to see who owns the
media to
understand how this could be the case.

Outside the USA, the Evil Empire view is currently almost universal. It has
particularly
floated to the surface with the current administration, coincidentally.

The history of military adventurism and economic exploitation, the subvesion of
foreign
governments, etc, is well established, but it NOT generally explored in the
mainstream
media.

More blatant recent developments regarding fraudulent elections and the
subversions of
our civil liberties are merely the more recent and obvious indicators of
corporate fascism.

Europeans, having had more experience with these things, tend to see us as
naive
barbarians.

Most Americans, on the other hand, tend to be in denial about it. Those in the
early stages
of owning it tend to be angry and/or frightened.

L B S

Drugs Don't Discriminate. Get help for yourself or someone you know.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/0I.OUB/ZbOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM