Bhairitu,

 MMY's commentary to the Gita has some strains of what you're implying.  His
ideas about a person in cosmic consciousness imply that such realized people do
not have to make an effort to make a living in this world.  In other words,
persons who understand their jyotish chart can live without much effort by
understanding the forces that govern the world and themselves.  I believe they
have to do the gunas that make up the living entities in the world.  If one
learns how to live without the gunas, that pretty much sums up the key to
living successfully here on earth.

 Ever do any of those crystal growing experience in a grade school science
class?  The universe is much like that. That the universe is random and we have
free will is an illusion.  Indian pundits figured that out centuries ago.

 Or is this all depressing?  Well go ahead a live your life as if you have free
will. It won't matter anyway.