> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > I bet someplace, somewhere, there's a jivan mukta
> > blazing in the  brilliance of Brahman who would
> > miserably fail this "test."
>

> ...and a complete and utter charlatan who would pass with flying
> colors...

So what?

If you had two groups of gurus to choose from, A or B, among which
group would you select? Which do you think would provide a high
probability of success?

Group A. enlightenment proclaiming,
thin-skinned, easily insulted, unaccountable, goal not practice
teaching, hypocritical, plagarizing, neo-trandy-satsang-giving,
opulent, adoration seeking, overtly fashionable, devotion demanding,
affected stylizing, sexual preditor, flattery tactician, drooning on
and on speaker, Slick-willie presenter, grand-title taking and giving,
hyper-workshp giving, impersonal, linneage faking, non-profit
scamming, angry ex-follower generating, pseudo-scientific, paranoid,
 self-serious taking, and/or gloomy and dour gurus

Group B: gurus without these, or at least without most of these qualities.

Group A may have some, if not many, jivan muktas
blazing in the  brilliance of Brahman. So what. They may be Adi-Da
types -- even though fully realized. Do youreally want to go down that
road if SBS could be your guru?

Dying to be thin? Anorexia. Narrated by Julianne Moore.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/abEMxA/sbOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM