Mastering siddhis is just one step along the path.  There are many siddhis and perfecting them can take a long time.  Other systems have Sanskrit versions of the siddhis.  But enlightenment is the goal and some people accomplish that with just a little meditation.  TM is only one system of many.  In India if one guru's system doesn't work for you then you move on to another one.