--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> on 12/22/05 7:10 PM, sparaig at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:

> >> Yes to the suite and the Bentley. Never rode in the jet, but I
heard
> > it was
> >> pretty cushy.
> >>

> > The guy who piloted that jet was on my siddhis course. It was for
> > visiting dignataries, to impress them.
>
> Maharishi and his entourage also used it a few times, such as to
go to the
> Philippines in 1984. Regarding the Bentley/Daimler, I may be
mistaken, but I
> recall a big black Bentley in Switzerland, 1975-76. Was that a
Daimler? Does
> it matter? Either way, Maharishi was never personally extravagant,
like
> Rajneesh, but he certainly wasn't austere. Things were always
pretty comfy
> around him.

*********

Maharishi walked away from middle class life after he left college,
to live a simple life, sleeping on the ground outside Guru Dev's
door. After Guru Dev died, MMY lived in a cave for a while, then was
inspired to go to South India and start the movement. Any comfort
extended to him since then was from people who were grateful for his
wisdom and his generous service to the world.