Nelson,

 Under Hindu astrology, every living entity has a karma or potential for action
based on its birth time.  Jyotish is called the science of light, and as such
can give a seeker guidance for making decisions in marriage, birth of children,
education, career choices, and health maintenance.

 Some people in the western tradition do not believe in this idea because it
follows the concept of "predestination".  But, in my opinion, I find that
jyotish works and should be used by Americans for their decisions in making
marriage partners.  It may reduce the high incidence of divorce in the USA.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <nelsonriddle2001@...> wrote :

 Are we not each a fragment of the power behind all creation and,

 therefor not subject to what has been created---just curious..