When you consider that the Fairfield demographics are not representative of
small towns in Iowa or the USA in general, the stats are not impressive.  What
percentage of Fairfield's population is TMers or New Age folk?  Hardly the sort
that have criminal tendencies to begin with.  It's a shame that TM got into
this whole scientific proof gamesmanship.  I taught TM and residences courses
for 33 years.  Although I put a lot of emphasis on scientific research in my
lectures, I'd guess that maybe 10% started for that reason.  For almost
everyone, it was because a friend of family member suggested TM or they had a
good vibe from the lecturer.  And the price and scientific approach actually
turned a lot of people off who might have otherwise started.  Of course this
has been debated ad nauseam.  I sincerely wish you well in your goal of
becoming a TM teacher.