on 12/24/05 8:12 AM, Peter at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> MMY started talking about the CIA in the mid-70's to
> international staff. I had a good friend on staff then
> and she told me that everyone was a bit baffled by the
> whole thing and would politely listen and not say
> anything. It was the beginning of MMY blaming any TMO
> failure on an outside agency. Was it pure fantasy or
> was there a least something to trigger the initial
> accusations? Who knows.

I heard him do the CIA thing many times. He would be speaking to a group,
such as the Vedic Science course in New Delhi, and then begin to address the
CIA spies in the group, saying basically, "You know who you are and I'm hip
to you." He would often become quite enraged at these times. One time at the
Minister Training Course in Thailand, he was on one of these rants and my
friend Roy Bachmeyer was taking notes, as we often did on courses. Maharishi
accused him of being a spy and began going on about his reporting back to
his superiors.