--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
<snip>
> MMY started talking about the CIA in the mid-70's to
> international staff. I had a good friend on staff then
> and she told me that everyone was a bit baffled by the
> whole thing and would politely listen and not say
> anything. It was the beginning of MMY blaming any TMO
> failure on an outside agency. Was it pure fantasy or
> was there a least something to trigger the initial
> accusations? Who knows.

I don't think it's all that unlikely that the CIA
*did* have an interest in the TMO at one point, given
the CIA's documented fascination with things like
remote viewing as a means of defense.

My guess is--and it's just a guess--that there may
have been a few CIA agents who attempted to
infiltrate the TM-Siddhis course to see whether MMY
had actually discovered anything that could be useful
militarily.

Given the belief in certain quarters of the CIA that
such paranormal feats were possible, it would have
been irresponsible for them *not* to investigate, to
keep these abilities, if they existed, out of the
hands of the enemy.  (This was at the height of the
Cold War, and the Soviets were known to be experimenting
with paranormal stuff as well.)

If that's what happpened, the CIA most likely lost
interest very quickly; but if MMY had somehow picked up
on them at the time, it might have been the genesis of
his paranoia with regard to the CIA, although he would
have misinterpreted its motivation.

Others have suggested that the CIA might have thought
the TMO, with its international network, could be a
front for communist spying on the U.S., which seems to
me less plausible but not out of the question.