> on 12/26/05 7:35 PM, shempmcgurk at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> >> Prez Carter (he of the faith-healing sister who was himself an
> >> evangelical Christian: http://www.alternet.org/story/18378/ ) was
> >> clearly an enemy of the TMO, so it's not much of a stretch to
> >> understand that he probably ordered the CIA to keep an eye on or
> >> destabilize the movement -- the CIA does what the Prez wants, from
> >> invading Cuba in the Bay of Pigs to destabilizing Chile, and
> >> Carter's animus towards the TMO is documented well enough in his
> >> meeting with Maharishi in the Georgia governor's office.

Carter's new book on values has evangelicals up in arms as it
contradicts all they preach.  Carter is a devout christian but in a
humanistic-good works not evangelical way.  Of all the presidents in
the past 40 yrs, carter is probably the least likely to want to spy on
the tmo.

PS - your history on bay of pigs is backwards - the CIA tried to trick
kennedy into a full scale invasion of cuba via their own bay of pigs
plan, then the CIA was furious when he didn't fall into the trap and
left the initial force stranded.

I'd like to see the text of the meeting in Georgia - I remember local
TBs saying how antagonistic (animus is a jungian psychological term)
larry king was towards mmy on his show a few yrs back, when king
actually didn't ask one hard question the whole night.  In fact I
haven't heard anyone ask mmy a hard question in decades.