--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "markmeredith2002"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> snip
>
> > You know what I find fascinating? The people on
> > these forums who most vociferously defend the current
> > prices that the TMO charges for TM would in most
> > cases *not* be able to afford it themselves if they
> > hadn't already learned it years ago. But they think
> > it's Ok to charge the "newbies" that much. Go figure.
>
> Not only can't they afford TM, or most likely anything else now
being
> sold by the TMO (sidhis, panchakarma, yagyas, s-ved houses,
> millionaire courses) but many of them would be kicked out of the
TMO
> if they tried to be active. I assume Brigante's already been banned
> and many other TBs here have expressed opinions or admitted to
other
> interests or discussed mental-emotional problems all of which would
> get them in deep hot water if they were actually in the mov't
trying
> to be a devoted disciple of MMY like they think they are.  I find
this
> really strange.

The price of TM is: $52 a month over 4 years, which is $12 a week,
or $1.70 a day. Even poor people in the US spend WAY more than this
on coffee, unhealthy fizzy drinks, and many more unhealthy
unnecessary things every day.
If one did it over 2 tears instead of 4, then it is still only $3.40
a day. Anyone who has the will to, can afford TM in the US.

When I first wanted to learn about yogic knowledge, I was ready to
give up everything and travel to India to find what I was looking
for, at great risk to myself and my future. You are now proclaiming
to the people of the world that they should not give up their cafe-
lattes for Vedic knowledge? This incredibly selfish, since you have
already had the benefit of the knowledge. Many people in the world
have nothing to absorb the stress which pushes down upon them
everyday. As a beneficiary of a practice that you can practice any
day, any where, even in a prison, and find relief, if you have any
conscience at all you should be telling as many people as you can,
that TM only costs $3.40 a day for 2 years !

OffWorld