--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, a_non_moose_ff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, off_world_beings
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Maharishi has characterized enlightenment as 24 hours bliss,
>
> And that is an interesting definition.
>
> Peter says "bliss is dumb", which I assume is his experience, so I
> wonder if that means that, per Maharishi, that the enlightened are
> dumb 24 hours a day?
>
> My experience of bliss is that it is whole, complete, the essence
of
> satisfying, enveloping, vastly and deeply playful, knowing,
powerful
> and silent -- but not dumb. Maybe its a differnt bliss than
Peter's.
> Many paths many moutains perhaps. Process is product and all.
>
> And to me, in my experience -- "bliss right now" (and as you say
> whether its permanent is another issue and in some ways irrelevant
if
> its "Here Now" ) -- that experience precludes anger, grumpiness,
> ownershipness, and any feeling of needing to be "right". >>>

Yes, and also, if the experience dissipates for a while, the memory
of it (if it was often enough, and definate), is enough to quell
one's attachment to other things that might make one angry etc. Just
the memory of it and knowing that it will come again in ever
increasing time-periods is enough to cause patience and keeping the
big picture when external stress gets on top of you. Amazing really.
The experience is so convincing that even when it is not present,
having experienced it at all...is a great gift.

(I've been feeling pretty blissful lately though)

OffWorld