--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, a_non_moose_ff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Looking at the $2500 fee, and the costs involved, it appears
> "resonable" for a full time teacher, teaching about 30 students a
> month or so.
>
> Break down the cost allocations:
>
> Franchise Fee                 50%
> SV Facilities                 10%
> Office Exp. & Support         5%
> Advertising and PR                    10%
> Presentation Media            5%
> Health Ins, 401k, ATR         10%
> Travel                                5%
> Salary                                10%
>

> Salary = 10% x 2500 x 30 = $7500 / month pre tax salary, about
$90,000
> per year. A low range amount for a mental / physical health
> professional. Probably only $70,000 a year if there is 2-3 month /
> year ATR  requirement. And they need to afford SV housing on at
this
> salary. If anything, this salary is too low.
>
> If you want full time professional teachers,  a modest amount of
> advertuising and PR,  professional facilities, (and franchise
> requirements specify and require SV -- an added cost), reasonable
> benefits, a running automobile --not full of dents, for teachers
etc.,
> then $2500 is about what it would take.
>
> If you want it taught only by volunteers in their (non sv) homes,
then
> thats another business / marketing model. Not superior or inferior,
> but a diferent model, aimed at a different segment of students.
This
> may be a good model of AoL and Amma. But it is NOT going to reach
or
> be appealing for a large part of society.
>
> Previously I have been aghast at the $2500 figure for some time.
But
> now, looking at the i) pricing side (inflation adjusted, mature
> product and all) and the ii) cost side, it seems quite reasonable.
The
> third tier is value. Is "neo" TM, taught in an SV center by a
> professional, educated, professionally dressed and transported,
> articulate teacher, living in a SV house, with a large, available
> product line TM enhancing products, of with good personal follow-
up --
> checking, etc, worth $2500?

Excellent Analyis !
Someone should keep this so that when all the gripers start griping
they can be referred to it, then maybe the horse can stop being
whipped.

I just paid $650 to join a swim pool for a year for lap swim 3 or 4
times a week. Multiply that by 10 years, and add for inflation I am
looking to spend maybe $8,000, just to go swimming a few times a
week.

OffWorld