> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, off_world_beings
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > But if I understand correctly, you've never taught
> > > meditation in *either* context, right?  You're
> > > just stating that things are FALSE and TRUE based
> > > *entirely* on what you've been told by others.
> > > Right?  :-)  :-)  :-)>>>
> >
> > No I am stating rationality. I don't care about your subjective
> > experience of teaching. You are trying to get me to 'believe'
> > you based on your "superior" experience.
>
> Dude, I'm really not.
>
> That's just the way you see things because you're
> so used to TM teachers and the TM organization
> trying to sell you things.

No, in fact this is the way most people react to
the strongly stated opinions of others; and, in fact,
this is what most people are trying to do when they
strongly state their opinions: sell them.

You *claim* to be an exception.  But your behavior
suggests otherwise.

At the same time, you *claim* the TMO is also an
exception in that it attempts to sell its opinions.
That the TMO is somehow an exception in this regard
isn't true either, of course.

Nor is it the case that because a person says
something that happens to agree with what you call
the TM "party line," therefore that person is just
parroting what they've been told.  You use that
mantra to avoid having to examine the issues on
their merits.  It's just a thought-stopper.

> I care not a whit what you believe.

Yes, you do, because it gives you yet another
opportunity to put down a TMer and try to sell
your True Non-Believer beliefs.

> You and your
> beliefs are mere gnats on the windshield of my
> life. :-) I'm not trying to sell you anything;
> that you think I am reveals how conditioned you
> are to believe that everyone who expresses an
> opinion contrary to yours IS trying to sell you
> something. :-)

This may be the "conditioning" of the culture in
general; it is not, as noted, conditioning that is
unique to the TMO.

> > It is the same bullshit that most of the the
> > baby-boomer TM teachers have spouted both inside and
> > outside the movement. I am using rationality....not
> > religion....as you are.
>
> Please point out for us where in any of these
> posts I have used "religion" to make any point.
> I'll wait.  :-)  :-)  :-)

As you are, I suspect, well aware, off_world was using
"religion" in the sense of "unexamined belief," not
sectarianism.

> > For the world as a whole - in the most dangerous time in
> > history - it is of negligible importance to teach small
> > time...
>
> Do you really NOT know that you just repeated the TM
> party line, almost verbatim?  :-)  THEY were the ones
> who told you that it's "the most dangerous time in
> history."

Actually that's a very widespread belief, not at
all unique to the TMO.

  THEY were the ones who told you that it's
> not important to teach "small time."  YOU just chose
> to believe them

Or thought about it and decided it was correct on
the basis of personal observation, experience, and
reflection.

<snip>
> > ...in which no-one is taught for free in India and elsewhere,
> > as a result of your teaching, and that borders on selfish....
> > flirts with the devil (ie.I, me, mine).
>
> I'm sure that on your home planet that made some kind
> of sense, but since it doesn't on mine, I shall allow
> it to pass without comment.  :-)

Translation: It would take some thinking to address,
so I'll pretend it makes no sense and dismiss it
without consideration.

<snip>
> > You may actually
> > be stealing from these poor people in 3rd world countries that
> > cannot afford Western prices. So please get off your high horse
> > about being a 'real' teacher, and deal with rationality. I have
> > no interest in joining your religion.
>
> 1) I have never made any suggestion that I am a 'real'
> teacher; you hallucinated that.

No, you tried to dismiss what off_world was saying on
the basis that you and others here had been teachers of
meditation, whereas he had not.

<snip>
> I'm trying to get something across to you

Translation: I'm trying to sell my belief.

 -- this idea