> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> > That's because, IMO, TM as a method does not work on the level of
> > transformation to uproot vasanas. Vasana-kshaya, the obliteration
> of
> > subliminal tendencies (desires), takes place at a different level
> of
> > practice.
> >
> > I liked the example Alan Wallace gave in the video link posted
> here
> > the other day: the issue with samadhi is people would go into
> these
> > sublime states and be wowed by the bliss--but when they came out
> of
> > samadhi, they really hadn't changed! That's the problem with
> > marketing something as being able to be everything and do
> everything--
> > people begin to actually believe if they do something over and
> over
> > improvement in vasanas will just happen. Sadly, increasing prices
> on
> > something just reinforces the idea: 'if it is so expensive, it
> must
> > be because it CAN do everything.'
> >
> > If you're not doing practices to obliterate vasanas, then don't
> > expects that to just happen.
> >
> I tend to agree, with one distinction. Once the practice of TM has
> matured, it is like a room that we occupy, with doorways to other
> areas we may wish to affect easily seen, and accessible. So although
> the obliteration of subliminal tendencies is not specifically
> addressed by TM, with practice, it becomes evident how to address
> this.

Vaj, can you be more specific on what type of methods thjese are, or
description of such.

I have had specific "knowledge unfolding" in side of me, perhaps
similar to what Jim is referring to, where "methods" become clear to
me (not necessarily applicable for everyone) which I use with good
benefit. One was specifically for vasanas, having to do with the
"light and heat of attention" and deep 'hyper-breath" -- similar the
type that can spontaneously arise in yogic flying.

Others are mahavakaya like insights / understandings that come -- and
when digested, lead to wonderful things.

This inner-revelation effect seems consistant with what a Maharishi
pundit told me in a jyotish reading. Ironic as it sounds, I asked the
pundit about how and when I could / would find a "teacher"  / guru for
personal guidance. He said that for my chart, that was not necessary,
that my intuition would give me all the knowledge needed -- but to
just read the scriptures occaisionally to find support for what you
find to be true inside of yourself.

While I take everything jyotish pundits say with a grain of salt, his
statement, and my own experience, do point to a "traditional" path for
some, of knowledge unfoldng within -- without the benefit of a
physical teacher or linnege.  Do your tradition(s) recognze such, or
is such seen simply as delusion?