> On Jan 7, 2006, at 1:16 PM, sparaig wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Presumably they're from Mahesh himself, no?

> > What is YOUR response to this list, Vaj?
>
> I liked it, however I thought the wording and phrasing was poor
> overall--like someone hearing something second or third hand and
> then writing down their limited understanding from their POV.

Actually, as you noted previously, they most likely
came directly from MMY, although the person who wrote
them down may not have directly experienced them.

> The most worrisome trend to me

It isn't a "trend," it's always been the case.

 is that all of these experiences being
> described have traditional names--and they are never used. This
> has always been a big problem in the TMO. It divorces you from the
> source

Source of what??  A traditional name is not the "source"
of an experience.

> and puts the power of divvying them out to someone else.

"The power of divvying" *what* out to someone else?

What does "divvying" mean here?

> If one wanted clearer, more experiential examples, they do exist
> in traditional texts and their commentaries.

"Clearer, more experiential examples" of what?

Could you try this again, Vaj?

Why would a list like this be any more useful using
Sanskrit terms, especially for Westerners who aren't
into the traditional literature?  Seems to me the
list describes such experiences in terms virtually
anyone could relate to.