--- authfriend wrote:

> ---  Gillam wrote:
> >
> > Notice the CC tenet in that phrase -- the enlightened
> > person does everything in a life-supporting way.
>
> Does Nature ever want someone to make a mistake (in the
> relative sense) because the mistake will actually turn
> out to have life-supporting effects?

This whole area is a huge bog, if you ask me. I don't know
and cannot venture any suppositions. My TM understandings
support the notion of Nature with a capital N having a desire,
an intention. More recently acquired positivist thinking
refuses to even entertain the premise.

Yet the question remains. Perhaps succor lies in art. Isaac
Bashevis Singer had a story, "Errors," in the New Yorker
magazine some 30 years ago. In it, three wise men sat on
a porch and told stories of ostensible mistakes that had
good consequences. (I've posted this before, in case you're
thinking, "He's repeating himself.") I can still remember
the story's closing lines:

"How can there be errors when all things spring from
divine sources? There are no such things as errors. There
are spheres where errors are transformed into truth."