on 1/18/06 4:43 PM, authfriend at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> on 1/17/06 11:16 AM, Patrick Gillam at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>
>>> At a time when the nation is highly influenced by
>>> religiously conservative politicians, I'm surprised
>>> more people don't take the tack Steven Druker
>>> does below: ask these people to reconcile their
>>> policies with their religious beliefs.
>>>
>>> For example, I've wondered why the Christians
>>> among the DC Power Elite don't lead the nation
>>> in forgiving terrorists for crimes committed in the
>>> name of Islam.
>>
>> Most Christians are looking forward to watching God rip the guts
>> out of non-Christians
>
> Er, no, not "most Christians," Patrick.

It was I who said that. I get the impression that the majority of
Christians, at least in this country, are fundamentalists, and most of them
buy into the Judgment Day thing, which implies that they don't expect a
picnic is in store for the "unsaved." Maybe they're not the majority, but
just make the most noise. Please clarify my understanding of the
demographics.