> Check out this music video of guitarist-yogi Stuart Davis. It's a
> song on the Dagon, a tribe in Africa which had traditional
> knowledge  about the Sirius star-system, long before we even knew
> about Sirius B & C. It's also about the limitations of waking state
> derived knowledge and scientific materialism.

FWIW, there's considerable doubt about whether the
Dogon actually did have such astronomical knowledge,
and an excellent case to be made that the story is
an amalgam of misunderstandings on the parts of
the anthropologists who first reported it and later
interpreters.

http://www.csicop.org/si/7809/sirius.html
http://chandra.harvard.edu/chronicle/0400/sirius_part2.html
http://www.ufoevidence.org/documents/doc121.htm