..see below

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Michael Dean Goodman
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[snip]

> Annoying someone via the internet is now a federal crime.
>
> Last Thursday, President Bush signed into law a prohibition ippost-
> ing annoying web messages or sending annoying e-mail messages with-
> out disclosing your true identity.
>
> In other words, it's OK to flame someone on a mailing list or in a
> blog as long as you do it under your real name.

[snip]

> Here's the relevant language:
>
> "Whoever...utilizes any device or software that can be used to ori-
> ginate telecommunications or other types of communications that are
> transmitted, in whole or in part, by the internet... without disclos-
> ing his identity and with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass
> any person...who receives the communications...shall be fined under
> Title 18 or imprisoned not more than two years, or both."

[snip]

For the sake of argument, suppose Peter Klutz is not a physical person
(then again, who is?) and let him render some assistance to George W.
Bush and his happy band of civil-right marauders when setting a
precedence of just how applicable this 'law' is:

------ start test cases ------

Test case 1:

PK says: GWB is plain wrong

Test case 2:

PK says: GWB is an asshole

Test case 3:

PK says: GWB is an asshole and so is every member of this group

Test case 4:

PK says: GWB is a threat to the world and should be targeted for
assassination a s a p

Test case 5:

PK says: Since GWB is a threat to the world and he is the president of
the USA - all americans should be targeted for assassination. Given
the size of the undertaking, the best way to accomplish this is to
purchase nukes from the former Soviet Union and give them to Osama Bin
Laden for delivery.

Please note that the unique intent of test cases 4 and 5 is to make
readers experience various intense degrees of 'annoyance' (the idea is
to test this particular law - not any anti-terrorist legislation).

All we have to do now is to wait and see on which accounts the US
government will seek 'Peter Klutz's conviction - as well how the US
government plans extradite him (he is not currently in USA).

Permanent vacation on a remote and scenic spot at Cuba? :-)

Yours truly

PK