I recall a story Lucy Lediaev to our science of creative
intelligence class of Maharishi rushing to catch a plane.
Because he was late he told his driver to run the red
lights on the way to the airport. His entourage trailed
further and further behind him because they couldn't
just plow through the intersections with impunity.

We heard this story with laughter and amazement at
how cool it would be to be enlightened. In enlightenment,
we would operate outside of the normal restrictions of
life. Spontaneous right action! Support of all the laws
of nature!

I suppose it was simply a few incremental steps to
graduate from running lights to smuggling money.
Perhaps the correct answer to the question, "Would
you smuggle these funds to Switzerland?" is, "I may
when I'm enlightened, but right now it wouldn't be right."

Speaking of laws of nature, most of us have probably
experienced how, once we learn the rules of something,
we gain the ability to break them and get a way with it.
In fact, most creative breakthroughs result from the
intelligent breaking of a rule. Some of your best writing
may have come from breaking some rule of grammar.
I'll bet many of you programmers have broken some
custom in the world of coding to create truly elegant code.

It doesn't seem unrealistic to me that someone would
master living to the point that he breaks its rules and
comes out ahead.

It may indeed be hard to differentiate between the
behavior of an enlightened person and a person
with mental illness. I guess the lesson is, Be careful.
The person you think is enlightened may be nuts,
and either way, you may not be able to keep up.