--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> on 2/4/06 9:32 AM, TurquoiseB at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > ONLY if you buy the definition of enlightenment that
> > Maharishi peddles.  That's my point.  His definition
> > is that the enlightened can do no wrong.
>
> There have been people in FF who have claimed to be enlightened
> or intuitively gifted and have set themselves up as financial
> advisors, losing large sums of money for their naïve clients.

It's inevitable. They're just taking advantage of people
who have been pre-brainwashed and "shrunk to fit" a mind-
state that allows anyone claiming enlightenment to get
away with anything they want to.

> > He has *allowed* people in his organization to believe
> > that he is enlightened for 40 years now.  He has also
> > defined enlightenment as being unable to do wrong.
> > Therefore, he has carefully *allowed* everyone to
> > believe that he can do no wrong.  If he had *not*
> > intended to convey this impression, he could have
> > stated outright that he was not enlightened, or that
> > he makes mistakes; neither has happened.
>
> I've heard him admit mistakes a few times. Once was in
> Switzerland in front of the entire International Staff.
> I got up and asked him why he told us to go to bed early
> and then kept us all up so late. He said he was wrong to do
> that, and we all got on an early to bed routine for several
> months after that. Also, Jennifer said that Maharishi told
> her the death of the boy on the beach in Mallorca was karmic
> retribution for the mistakes he was making
> (presumably with her).

The former sounds like a way to butter people up.

The latter sounds like Megalonmania 101.  If you're
a megalomaniac, you find a way to make *everything*
about you.  That's what he was doing; he wasn't really
owning up to making any mistakes.