--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Premanand Paul Mason"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> To recapitulate, from my observation, it is often the more
spiritually
> inclined who get involved in the teachings of the church or in the
> thinking of a particular 'spiritual' teacher. Having gotten
involved,
> they soon find there are certain beliefs about infallability to
deal
> with, and I think that is to found in most religions and in
many 'guru'
> teachings. Thus the spiritual seeker, as a step on his/her
journey, in
> order to become a part of a group, is frequently asked to buy into
the
> infallibility of someone.
> Outside of these areas, the issue of infallibility is less
prevalent.
> But personally, I don't believe for a minute that it is either
> spiritual or necessary to believe in a teacher's infallibility.
Quite
> the opposite in fact. It is a well-known tradition that one should
test
> one's teacher rather than have blind allegance.

I agree with you. To raise critical questions is a good thing - even
when it comes to Guru Dev - who is my absolute favorite. I love his
quotations. He was very strict - but he was true to his principles.
He choosed his own way - not compromising - . I have to respect him
for that - even as a woman I would not have been allowed to come
near him at all.
Ingegerd