> on 2/4/06 2:17 PM, sparaig at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >>
> >> I agree. The enlightened man driving his car makes the decisions
> > necessary
> >> to navigate successfully through traffic and arrive at his
> > destination. Why
> >> shouldn't other decisions be just as volitional and just as
subject
> > to dire
> >> consequences if they are made capriciously?
> >>

> > What capriociously? Why would someone's decision-making process be
> > capricious if enlightened (and hence not owning the process since
it
> > is a guna-based thing) but not capricious prior to enlightenment?
>
> Maybe "spontaneous" would be a better word than "capricious." I've
heard
> both Maharishi and local enlightened friends say that they're often
> surprised by the things they find themselves doing. Maharishi would
say "I
> was saying such and such in that lecture. There must have been
someone who
> needed to hear it." Another friend said, "I was going to the post
office but
> found myself at the coffee shop," implying that something other
than an
> individuality was in the driver's seat.

That's true regardless of enlightenment or not. We are creatures of
habit and unexplained behavior. Surely you've noticed this in
yourself? And MMY's assumptiona bout someone needing to hear what he
had to say sounds like his OWN interpretation of his own unexplained
behavior. THat's not to say he wasn't correct, only that MMY had no
more clue about the explaination for the unexplained than anyone else
did.