--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Premanand Paul Mason"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yes, funny can be compelling and cathartic too. I remember Robert
> Crumb gave a very perceptive picture of the 'boy guru' Maharaj Ji,
> and offered up some interesting asides on meditation through Mr.
> Natural. But, as yet, I have not encountered an underground artist
> who has taken the material referred to in 'Jesus Lived In India'
> and given it a treatment.

I happen to know Robert, and he's a sweet, surprising
individual, one who has been meditating (No, I don't
know what style, and would never ask) for 30 years or
so.  He's actually working on an illustrated version
of a famous spiritual text, but I won't spoil the
fun by revealing which one.  :-)

> The central theme of 'Jesus Lived in India' is the claim that
> Jesus did not die on the cross, but actually lived to a grand
> old age. The really significant element of this thinking is
> that it challenges the
> interpretation of Christianity offered up by Paul

Who never met the guy.

> ...i.e. the belief
> system built around the suffering of Christ, his death and
> resurrection. If he did not die on the cross, but healed up and
> travelled to where he would not be persecuted, then his teachings
> take on very different feel. The last two thousand years have been
> permeated by Paul's version of Jesus's teachings, perhaps a re-
> evaluation of the history just might change the way Jesus's
> teachings are taught.

There's an interesting movie I found on DVD for a couple
of bucks called "The Body."  It's basically about the
discovery in Jerusalem of a tomb that contains a body
that might be Christ's.  The Catholic Church dispatches
a priest to the area, whose ostensible job is to see
whether there might be any truth in the claim, but whose
real job is to discredit it, because if Christ's body
can be found, then the story on which the Church is
based is bogus.  Not a great film, but worth two
hours if you find it in a video store.