On Feb 9, 2006, at 6:26 AM, sparaig wrote:

On Feb 8, 2006, at 7:32 AM, TurquoiseB wrote:

That said, what about the question itself?

Does *anyone* here know whether Maharishi

spent more than a couple of years in his

studies, whether he ever took exams, and

thus whether widespread claims of him being

a 'scientist' were ever true?

Once I found out the claims that he only slept a couple of hours a

day were a lie, why should I believe anything else?

? WHo says he did or did not? How would they know?

Close proximity, maybe snoring.

It's really just one of many many myths fostered by uncritical acceptance. What's interesting to me is the pattern of accepting claims as automatically true. Bottom line is charlatans are out there and both have the same name: "teacher".