on 2/11/06 6:04 AM, sparaig at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> SOme might have enjoyed being with MMY if he was there, and others
> might have attempted to figure out just what was supposed to be so
> special about that particular boat ride. Still others might like boat
> rides, period.

I was on plenty of those boat rides. One time I was in the back of
Maharishi's car as we were driving up to the dock. There was a big crowd
hoping to be invited onto the boat. Maharishi said to Jacques Verlinde, his
driver and secretary, "Make them go away. They can't all come and it's hard
for me to exclude any of them." (Or something to that effect.) Of course,
Jacques couldn't make them go away, but somehow a boatload of people was
selected. This was always in the wintertime, because in the summer we were
up in the mountains, and in the winter, down on Lake Lucerne. And it was
often at night. I still flash back to those boat rides and cringe when I
imagine what would have happened if a boat had capsized. They were always
filled beyond capacity, with water lapping at the gunwales, and sometimes
the lake was choppy. Of course, the water was freezing and AFAIK there were
no lifejackets, or I don't remember any being accessible. If you were in the
front of the boat, near Maharishi, you could hear what was going on.
Sometimes interesting, but often some boring working session with Geoffrey
Clements. But if you were more than a few rows back, you sat there and tried
to stay warm. Sometimes more than one boat was hired and the other ones
would just hover around near Maharishi's boat.