--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shempmcgurk"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, bbrigante <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/msid-
1415351,curpg-
> 1.cms
> >

> > "Did Maharishi harbour any bitterness towards the Beatles?
> >
> > Chopra smiled. "Part of the Beatles lore is that when they made
> their
> > first appearance on American TV, on the Ed Sullivan show, there
> was no
> > crime in the US for that one hour.
> >
> > Maharishi told us, 'When I heard this, I knew the Beatles were
> angels
> > on earth. It doesn't matter what John said
> > or did, I could never be upset with angels'. On hearing that,
> George
> > broke down and wept."
> >

> Thanks for the link...fascinating.
>
> However, I didn't understand the part where the Beatles were asked
> to leave.  I had never heard that part of the story...I assume
they
> were referring to when in Rishikesh John and George were the last
> two Beatles there and they left...I had always understood that
they
> left on their own accord because they thought there was funny
> business going on...so what's this about being asked to leave?
>
> I also didn't understand the part where George said "I didn't want
> to lie".
>
> Can anyone expound on these points?

This statement was made by Chopra when he was still in the TM
movement, and it is pretty clearly a lie, a practice that Chopra
was, and is, very comfortable with. The Beatles were not asked to
leave, but got in a snit over imagined wrongs generated by
unstressing and left on their own accord.

Regarding the statement by George Harrison to the effect that he
didn't want to lie, this is just the usual confused nonsense from a
non-too-bright minstrel who liked to talk off and on about
spirituality.