> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Irmeli Mattsson"
> <Irmeli.Mattsson@> wrote:

> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Irmeli Mattsson"
> > > <Irmeli.Mattsson@> wrote:
> > > <snip>
> Last
> think
> > >
> > > So you believe what he told the India Times, that the
> > > Beatles didn't leave MMY's ashram of their own accord
> > > because they thought he had been fooling around with
> > > a woman follower, but rather were thrown out because
> > > they were doing drugs?
> >
> >  How could Chopra know about that? He was not in the TMO at that
> > time. He probably has heard about it from someone, whose word he
> > trusts.
>
> But that person is apparently untrustworthy, since
> that information is pretty clearly false.  So he
> doesn't seem to have the insight to question it.
>
> > And I don't base my judgement about a person on a single detail like
> > this. I look at general patterns in a person's  behaviour.
>
> When a person says something that is patently
> untrue--whether deliberately or through lack of
> judgment--I begin to wonder about the truth of
> other things they've said.

I have made myself several such mistakes. I have repeated without
thinking too much someone's words I have found somewhat trustworthy.
Maybe I find this feature in a person's character not so problematic,
because I have precisely the same tendency myself.

If I perceive somebody having been gullible or having told a lie, I
would scrutinize more accurately his other claims. I draw conclusions
only, when I see there a repeating pattern.

IrmeliI have made myself several such mistakes. I have repeated