> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shempmcgurk" <shempmcgurk@>
> > wrote:
> <snip>
> > > Then, again, he is, according to MMY, the "Lord of
> > > Invincibility"...so if you have this title bestowed upon you, I
> > > guess it's pretty hard NOT to be full of yourself...
> >
> > When he had the titled bestowed upon him, he appeared quite
> > embarassed about it. Of course, that was back when he could
> > point to genuine achievements rather than being merely a
> > media darling.
>
> BTW, I believe it was "Lord of Immortality."

A title, and a concept, that someone truly enlightened
would probably have no interest in. In many Eastern
traditions, one of the guidelines given for how to
figure out if a teacher has lost it or not is whether
they talk about or show an interest in "immortality"
or in extending their own lifespan. The general advice
given is, if they are, avoid them like the plague.