> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Sal Sunshine <salsunshine@>
> wrote:
> > On Feb 20, 2006, at 7:14 AM, Rick Archer wrote:
> >
> > >  Except that all these years, money has been raised to
> > > create a group of 7,000 or 10,000 or whatever. If it
> > > was never Maharishi's intention to actually do that,
> > > what does that tell you?
> >
> > That P.T. Barnum's axiom is truer than ever.
>
> Only in the more highly-evolved 'Vedic' model, the
> axiom is that a sucker is *reborn* every minute. :-)

I think that is the path they are on: it's called "The Sucker Path".

Continue to give money until you realized you've been had...and then
you have to give up on the cult that you've attached yourself to and
you are forced to adopt a self-development program that doesn't
require gurus or cults or elaborate schemes in order to get you
enlightened...

Yeah, you need a self-development program that doesn't require
donating money, that doesn't require belief or changing your
religion or believing in the pontifications of a guru or his
appointed "king"...or anything like that.

Hmmmmm.  I wonder.  What self-development program would fit the bill?

Could it be....THE TM PROGRAM????????

Gee, maybe the whole idea of "The Sucker Path" is to get the suckers
back onto the path they originally promised themselves they would be
on in the first place!