> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <drpetersutphen@>
wrote:

> > > That's so evil, isn't it? The Devil: father of all lies.
> >
> > Is it any wonder that people justify faking sales
> > statistics for the Chopra books? Just look at the
> > role models.
>
> Thanks Barry, coming from you, this is praising with faint
> damnation...

I think it's a legitimate issue. The TMO has a 40-year
history of being willing to violate social conventions
and even its laws (money-laundering, for example) if
it feels that the questionable action would somehow
benefit the TMO or make it more able to spread its
message. It's *very much* an "ends justify the means"
organization.

My point is that mindset "trickles down." When people
see the leaders of the TM organization able to justify
or make excuses for questionable ethics, they tend to
do so themselves.