Barry,
you are far to heated, and I don't want to bore the audience here with
a rebutal of your single arguments. Take my word for it: I don't mean
it personal, and I surely don't want to change you (with whom should I
discuss in the future? ;-)). Also when I say, that I don't understand,
how someone witnessing, could have regrets for the past, I don't mean
that in a personal way. I just mean it like this. And I still do.

But that doesn't mean I want to prove that your experiences are higher
or lower etc, thats childish. We are not in a competition, neither of
us. And the view,that one could fool oneself believing to be
enlightened, is of course also general.There is indeed solid
scientific research about choices and free-will, and how the I
sensation comes about, clearly denying the simplistic notion of 'I am
the doer of this deed', you are just not interested in it, which is okay.

So, no bad, I just participate in this discussion like anyone, there
were many more responding to this very post, none of them was accused
by you for trying to change your mind except me.