> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer
> <fairfieldlife@> wrote:
> >
> > http://www.amritapuri.org/teachings/message/cartoon.php

> More seriously, although her comments are sweet
> and compassionate, isn't the reaction she's
> talking about (however understandable it may
> be) nothing but attachment?

Attachment, and possibly Love to their God.

> If someone disses
> my Mom or my spiritual teacher, I don't *have*
> to react as if they were dissing *me*. They
> aren't. It's the identification with and the
> attachment to the person or the beliefs that
> is the problem, not the comments themselves.

In your book, but that implies that they should have the same view.
But they are of course free to have the opposite view, and you should
respect that. What you say maybe right for an Advaitin or a Buddhist
(and even here with some reservations possibly, according to their
stage of developmenet as they perceive it.), but doesn't necessarily
apply to other creeds.

> Wouldn't a more "high vibe" reaction be to
> get beyond reaction?

Of course only if you think there is something like a 'high vibe' or a
'low vibe'. Maybe its 'higher' to think ther is now 'lower' and
respect whereever they are at.