--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, foufou_fl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jyouells2000" <jyouells@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Johnny, I suspect from your comments that at times your reading or
> > > understanding of some posts is weak or superficial And you react
> > > strongly to your weak understanding, not the post itself -- as
> written.
> > >

> > -----------------
> > -----------------
> >
> > What more can I say,
> > I rest my case, and my weak understanding.
> >
> > JohnY
>
> Perhaps you have difficulty distinguishing between a critique of an
> idea and a personal attack.

Perhaps that's because my understanding is weak, or I'm overly
attached, but of course your discourse is directed at the ideas....
("focus on ideas not the person")

> Some feel so attached and in ownership of
> their thoughts and ideas, that a criticism of the latter is equivalent
> to a personal attack. Having mixed that up, often their response, is
> not on the ideas being discussed, but to attack the poster. Again, one
> is seen to be the same as the other: ideas and the thinker.

Inflame, attack, retreat into symatics and subtle parsing of language
That has been the flow of your threads.
 Oh, it's subtle use of the intellect to enlighten, sure it is....

> Nothing could be further from the truth in my book. The quality of
> thoughts, I suggest, follows a normal distribution (aka bell curve).
> A few brilliant ideas, a few imbecillic ones, and a lot somewhere in
> between. Just because one has an imbecillic thought does not make the
> person an imbecile. Same with having a "genius thought". If we don't
> catch our own imbecillic thoughts, feedback from others on the
quality  of the idea is helpful.

And I should be thankful too. Gee, I guess I'm lucky to have your
critique and counsel then.

> On the other hand, sometimes, some ideas expressed are so weak and
> baseless that its hard not to laugh out loud and rib the poster
> directly a bit. That is often not a personal attack, but an attempt to
> get the poster to "wake-up' to what they have posted, re-examine
> it,and hopefully laugh at it too.

If a laugh makes you feel better, feel free. I quess it's all worth it
then. Quality entertainment for sure.

JohnY